Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Atlanta: Home Sweet Home

So, last weekend, my precious dad helped me, ever so graciously pack up my whole house and moved me down to Atlanta. I moved here for a new job, with corporate Home Depot. I won't start until next week, though. 
I had only less than 5 days from hearing I got the job to get all of my crap boxed up. It was stressful, to say the least...and when I get stressed out, I someti
mes give up. There were a few days where I just didn't want to touch a box at all. Somehow, I made it through. After getting everything pack in the truck (see picture), reality hit. First of all, I'm not really sure how in the world everything fit on that truck. I kept questioning my dad when he said a 16 footer would definitely be enough room. When we got down to it, he said "we might have to leave a few things behind"...but after my protests, he was able to get everything on!


Driving away from Oakland Avenue in Charlotte brought tears to my eyes. I LOVED my neighbors- all of them- and we were all pretty close and hung out often. It made me sad that all of the good times were over, and that I would probably not see those people for quite awhile. It made me sad that I knew I probably wouldn't have another "I love my neighbors" situation for a long time to come. 
Nonetheless, I've started the journey, and I'm in my house in Atlanta. Please come visit! I have an extra bedroom...love to all my peeps in Charlotte that I will miss. 

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes