Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry, Merry Christmas! I hope that your day was filled with good food, good presents, good family time, and the goodness of Jesus. After all, we are celebrating his birth. Without him coming to earth, we would not have the hope of heaven. It's hard these days to remember what Christmas is all about. In our culture, it's all about presents. I'm not gonna lie- I love me some good presents. But the purpose of Christmas is just a tangiblereminder of what Jesus has done for us. 
I'm so thankful that my sweet sister Jessica is home for the month of December. She's been living in Indonesia for the past year and a half, and I've only gotten to see her once
 in that time. Having her home has been a blessing. She brings out the good in me. She reminds me that life doesn't have to be so complicated, and that I don't need to stress out about everything. Having her here while we were all sitting around the Christmas tree, reading the Christmas story, just made my heart feel good. Last year's Christmas was weird, because neither Jessica or Nathan were here to be a part of it. This year, it felt like my family was back and that things were normal and good and the way they should be. I'll be sad to see her go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes