Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh how He loves

So, by now, I'm pretty sure you know it's Valentine's Day. I've never been one to really get into celebrating Valentine's Day...and not because of lack of boyfriends on Valentine's Day...I just honestly think it's a day to waste money. I get flowers (which I don't even appreciate), I have to make a reservation for dinner, I have to buy another present for my significant other and other random people, and I always end up indulging in too much chocolate. Needless to say, when this day rolls around each year, I let it pass my by without any affect. I don't put forward any effort in thinking about it, really. 

Today, though, I was reminded by a friend of mine, that I am loved by THE lover. It shouldn't be something I need to be reminded of, yet I do. In a day that is focused on hallmark cards, dinners and chocolate, I fail to think of the real and true love that I get to experience every day of my life. He loves me with a love so deep that you can't express it with a cheesy hallmark card, or a heart shaped box of chocolates, or even a nice candle lit dinner. His love is so strong and so abundant, that he floods me with it whether I deserve it or not. Whether I want it or not. Whether I ask for it or not. He loves me. He is (everlasting) love. 

Frankly, I am baffled at how He loves me. How real and unconditional it is. How gracious and forgiving it is. How never-ending and tangible it is. And when I really think about it all, it begs the question, am I able to love others like He loves me? After all, that is what I am called to do, to show, to be. Someone asked me a few weeks ago "who are you?" and one of the things I said in describing myself was "I am someone who loves to love on people." It's true. That's my goal, is to make you feel loved and wanted. But, my love for you has no comparison to God's love for you. My takeaway from today is to legitimately and purposefully work on loving others- the people who are in my daily life, and even those who aren't. I want to leave a mark on your life, and I want that mark to be one of love. Keep me accountable. I'll need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes